Blog Journal 4
This is my first time ever using Twitter. I have never been big on social media and have never had a need for Twitter, but after making my Twitter I found it very easy to navigate. I am following several Educational accounts, which usually have good articles. I especially like the Educational Technology account I am following, they usually share really good articles. However, I do not believe I will use Twitter in my classroom. I am all for using technology in the classroom but I do not believe social media has a place in the classroom. The students will get enough social media outside of school and so I personally do not think it is necessary for me or beneficial for my students to have/use more social media.
There is a divide between the two generations of technology raised and non-technology raised people. Students are so technology inclined and this can created a divide with teachers, who were not raised with technology. I hope that I will be better with functioning the computer, projector, smart board, etc.
The software I liked from Chapter 8 and hope to use in my classroom is, Drill-and-Practice Soft-ware. Drill-and-practice software is, "designed to reinforce previously presented content. This software is used to question learners on key content points, giving them the opportunity to practice their knowledge. This type of soft-ware provides instant feedback as to the correctness of a response. Some drill-and-practice software packages track correct answers and move the level of questioning to more com-plex content as the students’ responses indicate increased mastery" (186). I want to teach high school Spanish, so I believe this would be a good software for my students to use to keep up with the material presented in class.The soft-ware I am least likely to use is, Desktop Publishing. Why I do not think I would use this program is because it seems I could do most of the things the program offers on Microsoft Word.
-Ashley Cahill
There is a divide between the two generations of technology raised and non-technology raised people. Students are so technology inclined and this can created a divide with teachers, who were not raised with technology. I hope that I will be better with functioning the computer, projector, smart board, etc.
The software I liked from Chapter 8 and hope to use in my classroom is, Drill-and-Practice Soft-ware. Drill-and-practice software is, "designed to reinforce previously presented content. This software is used to question learners on key content points, giving them the opportunity to practice their knowledge. This type of soft-ware provides instant feedback as to the correctness of a response. Some drill-and-practice software packages track correct answers and move the level of questioning to more com-plex content as the students’ responses indicate increased mastery" (186). I want to teach high school Spanish, so I believe this would be a good software for my students to use to keep up with the material presented in class.The soft-ware I am least likely to use is, Desktop Publishing. Why I do not think I would use this program is because it seems I could do most of the things the program offers on Microsoft Word.
-Ashley Cahill
Awesome! Glad that you like the Twitter activity!
ReplyDelete