Blog Journal 5
Today is about the Web 2.0 tools and what are not allowed in classroom. We were assigned to listen to a podcast about the issue and write about which one we would have liked to use and why some of the tools are no longer allowed; however, i was not able to open up the podcast and could not find it online.
I did some research online about Web 2.0 tools since the podcast link was not working and I found a tool that I like and might use in my future classroom. It's a mapping tool called, Popplet and it allows students to work and collaborate with other students. This could be very helpful in my future classroom, since I am teaching a foreign language, this could help my students work together and figure out how to do their homework and help them remember words and grammar.
https://teaching.pitt.edu/blog/web-2-0-tools-in-teaching-and-learning/
I believe the biggest technology advancement we have made is "the SynergyNet project funded by the United Kingdom’s Technology Enhanced Learning Fund is exploring multitouch technologies for education. It has already begun formal research on the effectiveness of this technology. SynergyNet promotes a learning environment that encourages collaboration via multitouch technology without the technology itself becoming the focus of activity. At the core of the project is a class- room of multitouch desks that allow a number of students to interact with the same computerized space" (286). I think this a good idea for the students to stay active in the learning and it allows the teacher know who participates a lot, who is getting it, and who may need some more help.
-Ashley Cahill
I did some research online about Web 2.0 tools since the podcast link was not working and I found a tool that I like and might use in my future classroom. It's a mapping tool called, Popplet and it allows students to work and collaborate with other students. This could be very helpful in my future classroom, since I am teaching a foreign language, this could help my students work together and figure out how to do their homework and help them remember words and grammar.
https://teaching.pitt.edu/blog/web-2-0-tools-in-teaching-and-learning/
I believe the biggest technology advancement we have made is "the SynergyNet project funded by the United Kingdom’s Technology Enhanced Learning Fund is exploring multitouch technologies for education. It has already begun formal research on the effectiveness of this technology. SynergyNet promotes a learning environment that encourages collaboration via multitouch technology without the technology itself becoming the focus of activity. At the core of the project is a class- room of multitouch desks that allow a number of students to interact with the same computerized space" (286). I think this a good idea for the students to stay active in the learning and it allows the teacher know who participates a lot, who is getting it, and who may need some more help.
-Ashley Cahill
Comments
Post a Comment