EME2040 First Day of Class
I do not have much experiences with technology, except how to use a cell phone, computer, and my fiancées X-Box to watch Netflix. I can also use basic power-point, word, and Prezi, because, you know, these are a necessity to be an actual college student.
I hope this class will help me with the basics skills I will need to help me in the teaching world. I graduate this December and then will be applying for teaching positions and it will be necessary to be able to work with technology, especially since the teaching world is more and more technology everyday. I also hope to learn some tips on do's and don'ts when using technology with students. For example, is it okay to use social media with students if it helps them get more involved with their studies? Or should I try to go basic teaching, with pencils and paper? -because how that was always the best way for me.
-ALCahill
I hope this class will help me with the basics skills I will need to help me in the teaching world. I graduate this December and then will be applying for teaching positions and it will be necessary to be able to work with technology, especially since the teaching world is more and more technology everyday. I also hope to learn some tips on do's and don'ts when using technology with students. For example, is it okay to use social media with students if it helps them get more involved with their studies? Or should I try to go basic teaching, with pencils and paper? -because how that was always the best way for me.
-ALCahill
NICE!
ReplyDeleteYou proposed a very good question that a lot of teacher and researchers have been discussing. Social media is definitely something have a lot of potential benefit but people also abuse it and cause a lot of problems. My opinion is it depends (lol it always depends). The key is you have to know what your objectives of instruction are. If the social media can help your students achieve their learning goal better, use it without question! If not, social media is simply a distraction and some "fancy" stuff that you will write in reports.
ReplyDelete