Blog Journal 3
I was not aware there were so many ELA Technology Standards, however, I do feel i have the knowledge and am prepared to use several of them. Such as, "Multimedia" Literature, "Multimedia" Informational Text, "Multimedia" History/Social Studies, "Consuming" Technology Standards, "Write to Explain/Inform", "Use Technology", and "Use Digital Media". Others that I do not think I'm prepared for and will need some work on is; "Multimedia" Science/Technical Subjects, "Use Multiple Sources", "Evaluate Speaker's Point of View", "Vocabulary: Use Context Clues".
The software/applications I will use in the classroom is social book marking tools. Such book marking tools like, Delicious and Diigo which offers the ability to bookmark sites but also to annotate their usefulness and share the information found with others. Something I will address in the classroom is how to effectively use technology to develop and maintain a positive online presence, so that the students can productively interact and participate with virtual communities.
Some skills I believe I acquired from the Newsletter Design Assignment is how to shade parts of the document. I know how to use most of MS Word but I have never made a newsletter before so it was fun doing something different on Word. I thought made there was too many graphic requirements, so next time I make a newsletter I probably just use one picture or just one graphic. I think anything else is too much and distracts parents from the content.
-Ashley Cahill
The software/applications I will use in the classroom is social book marking tools. Such book marking tools like, Delicious and Diigo which offers the ability to bookmark sites but also to annotate their usefulness and share the information found with others. Something I will address in the classroom is how to effectively use technology to develop and maintain a positive online presence, so that the students can productively interact and participate with virtual communities.
Some skills I believe I acquired from the Newsletter Design Assignment is how to shade parts of the document. I know how to use most of MS Word but I have never made a newsletter before so it was fun doing something different on Word. I thought made there was too many graphic requirements, so next time I make a newsletter I probably just use one picture or just one graphic. I think anything else is too much and distracts parents from the content.
-Ashley Cahill
Comments
Post a Comment