Blog Journal 9

      So a "Flipped Classroom" is something I absolutely dislike. I have been in several different flipped classrooms in college, Spanish 2203 and Spanish 2204 were the two flipped classes I had and I can personally say I did not learn anything and if I did I did not remember it in the long run. Also, my fiancee is in Medical School and his first two years of medical school they did a flipped classroom style of learning, for for the whole two years I wanted him and his friends struggle to understand information that absolutely could not understand on their own and no one was actually teaching any information. I think that it is a good idea in theory but I have seen how many times it does not work and the information does not stick in someones mind the same way. Now maybe for some people they like a flipped classroom learning style, however I do not believed this should be the only type of classroom and students should be given a choice. Some students learn best from a traditional style classroom. For those who do not a flipped classroom could be a good alternative but a lot of time the students are not able to learn the material on their own and them come to class to review. It is hard enough to get young students to focus in a classroom, I think it would be even harder to have them learn most of the information on their own on a website. If people who are top of the class, super smart, in medical school, cannot work with this style (and these are people who know how to put the work in and know how to study)t then this seems it is too hard and I think it would be even harder for young children who do not have those kind of skills or drive to put this kind of work on their own at home on the computer.
     I still am having a super hard time opening the podcasts, I have tried to look it up on its own but the ones I have found I do not think the are the same as the ones posted. I'll try again later to see if it will open.
     The power-point assignments were fun, and I learn valuable information on how to use the power-point. However, I thought the second power-point was a little tedious with how much information we had to put because it was very similar to the first assignment. All in all, though, it was fun to make and I think I learned a lot.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal 5

Blog Journal 6